- Hudson River Trading
- Chicago, IL, US
- star_border 100% medical and dental coverage
- star_border Vacation (PTO) and a company vacation too
- star_border On site gym
- star_border breakfast, lunch, Seamless, snacks, beer fridge(s)
- star_border Competitive salary and bonuses
- star_border Work-life balance
- star_border Computers! Your very own.
- star_border Chairs! Also your very own.
- star_border Smart, happy, fun, cool coworkers.
HRT is seeking highly motivated full-time students for our software engineering summer internship program. We are looking for smart programmers who love to code, like being challenged, and hate the idea of climbing corporate ladders. At HRT, coders are integral to the success of our trading, and they know it. You can always expect to be challenged by the ever-changing financial markets, and find yourself working on critical software in an extremely fast-paced, real-time environment.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A fast-paced summer training program to give you an introduction to all technical facets of software engineering in the algorithmic trading industry
- Independent programming projects in C++, with some work in Python
- Kick off the summer with a week of intensive training on HRTs systems, even in areas you won’t be working in
- You are a full-time student in a Computer Science or related program
- You will be graduating and looking for full-time roles in 2021
- You have experience programming in C++ or C
- A passion for technology
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.