- Samsung Electronics UK LTD
- Staines-upon-Thames, GB
- Student, Junior
- star_border Flexible working hours and holidays to suit your lifestyle
- star_border Relocation advice and financial support
- star_border Heavily subsidised canteen offering both western and Korean food
- star_border Chances to learn - Samsung developer conferences, hackathons & more!
- star_border Excellent pension scheme - Samsung doubles your contribution!
- star_border Bonus scheme based purely on your own performance - up to 25%
- star_border 25 days holiday (rising to 30 with continuous service)
- star_border Wide variety of flexible benefits
- star_border Extensive device/retail/shopping discounts
(99+) Intern - Visual Computing (Android)- Graphics Performance Optimisation | Samsung Electronics | LinkedIn
Samsung’s mobile devices use industry-leading GPUs to provide an outstanding graphics experience in games and other demanding applications such as AR/VR. To provide this experience, we are constantly looking for exceptional engineers with experience in graphics, GPU performance and relevant tools to join our growing team in Staines-upon-Thames.
The goal of this internship is to identify performance bottlenecks, provide optimisations and solutions to improve games/applications performance on flagship Samsung devices.
These will be applied to the product under development with the aim to improve the gaming and UX experience. This is an exciting opportunity to work on some of Samsung’s most advanced products before they are launched.
Our interns will be a part of a dynamic research lab working with experts in Android, vision, graphics and AI. Interns at Samsung Research UK are encouraged to write high quality research papers and/or contribute to patents towards the end of their internship.
Essential skills are:
It is expected that the successful applicant will currently be studying for a Master’s level degree or a doctorate in Computer Science or a related subject.
- Experience of C/C++ programming
- Knowledge of one or more low level Graphics APIs (for example Open GL [ES] / Vulkan)
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (ideally Bash, Python)
Desirable skills include:
- Development experience for Android
- Knowledge of Android OS internals such as the Graphics Stack
- Good knowledge of graphics shading languages (glsl, hlsl, spir-v…)
- Development experience on the Linux platform
- Familiarity with the Java programming language
- Familiarity with performance tracking tools (e.g. APITrace, NVidia Nsight, Android Systrace, etc.)