- Salt Lake City, UT, US
- star_border 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting) + stock option grant
- star_border Coverage of insurance premiums (in most cases 100%)
- star_border Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- star_border Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- star_border 100,000 sq ft HQ with climbing wall, showers, lockers, bike parking
- star_border Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars
- star_border Paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from HQ
- star_border Flexible hours
- star_border Flexible and generous vacation/sick leave
- star_border Commuter benefits and vehicle parking to ease your commute
At Recursion, our mission is to decode biology to radically improve lives. We do this by looking for new treatments for hundreds of diseases, many of which currently have no treatment options.
Our biological dataset is one of the largest and most consistent in existence - tens of billions of images of cells under different biological and chemical perturbations, generated in our own automated wet labs. We collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the deep learning community to drive our work forward on exceptionally challenging problems in computational drug discovery.
As an intern, you’ll have access to our data, and you’ll have the time and independence to delve into problems that you find interesting in addition to assigned projects. Thanks to our robust engineering infrastructure, you’ll get to spend less time data munging and more time science-ing.
As a data science intern, you will be collaborating with cross-functional teams of biologists, software engineers, product managers, and data scientists to help improve our understanding of the biology present in our imaging data. We will give you real-world data to work with, and expect you to come up with creative approaches to solve the problems you’re presented with. You will work closely with both your intern mentor and the rest of the data science team.
Our Intern program runs 3-6 months and can start any time, depending on your availability.
- Passion for the company mission and comfort with answering open-ended questions
- Ability to brainstorm and communicate with cross-functional teams
- Strong foundation of statistics, probability, and machine learning
- Strong programming experience, preferably in Python
- Experience working with large, high-dimensional datasets (preferred)
- Knowledge of biology/life sciences (preferred)
THE DATA YOU’LL WORK WITH
- Fully automated experimental protocols
- Images and extracted features from > 10 billion cells
- >3 petabytes
- Hundreds of thousands of biological and chemical perturbations
- Clean and easily loaded
- More info and a small (for us) public release can be found here
PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY
- 3-6 months of full-time, paid, ongoing mentoring and training from our Data Science team
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our headquarters
- Gleaming 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 65-foot climbing wall, 2x weekly yoga classes on-site, showers, lockers, and bike parking
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.